Data Centre Energy Management
The demand for data centres has increased substantially due to the rise of cloud services and the volume of data created on a daily basis worldwide.
The main priority of data centre operators is the security of their energy supply and back up generation, and Pulse are recognised as the market leader in data centre energy procurement.
Our services include initial financial modelling of energy costs when sourcing data centre locations as regional variations in energy costs can have a substantial impact on profitability as shown below:
In 2014 we were invited by DatacenterDynamics to speak on data centre energy usage in the main stage at London Excel Arena. Pulse’s Head of Energy Management Ben Dhesi is also a regular contributor to DatacenterDynamics (see links below) and an industry voice on data centre energy costs.
Our data center energy procurement and management services cover:
- Evaluation and advice on local network distribution charges
- Contract negotiation and advice on supplier legal terms
- Advice on EU and government schemes effecting energy usage at data centres including Climate Change Agreement (CCA) and European Union Emission & Trading Scheme (EU ETS)
- Baseload Optimisation (see Baseload Optimisation Article for more details)
- Risk Management strategies to ensure your energy costs are sustainable
Articles contributed to Datacenter Dynamics by Ben Dhesi, Managing Director at Pulse Business Energy:
The Energy Act 2013 and what it means for UK data centers | 19th February 2014
Power to the tenant! | 1st October 2013
Don’t forget the power supply contracts | 6th August 2013
Get in touch
To find out if new legislation can reduce the size of your data centre’s energy bills get in touch with Ben Dhesi, Managing Director on 0333 7000 250.